How to crochet a plum blossom granny square free pattern and instructions from Avyastore.
Plum Blossom is also called “Chain Plum” its origin is from China. Flowers of yellow colour with a high glossy fragrance bloom in early spring.
The best thing about this pattern is its simplicity and work. The yellow colour of the Plum Blossom stands out offering the granny square its uniqueness.
The Plum flower is centred with a muster colour, gradually moving in the shades of yellow and surrounded with the leaves of green.
The granny square pattern measure 6 inches and is square in shape.
Materials and Equipment list required for making the Plum Blossom Granny Square.
Worsted yarn 2ply following colour shade
- Dark Yellow
- Dark Green
- White for the border.
3.5 mm Crochet Hook Size (aluminium crochet hook).
Stitch guide and special stitch instructions for the Plum Blossom Granny Square
sl st = Slip Stitch
sc = Single Crochet
ch = Chain
Dc3tog = double crochet 3 stitches together
Tr2tog – treble crochet 2 stitches together.
Notes for the Plum Blossom Granny Square
- Ch3 made at the beginning of round 2 is part of the Dc3tog.
- Sc made at the beginning of round 2, 4 are the first sc for the particular round.
- * symbol indicates to start from this point.
- ** Repeat from here.
Instruction for making the Plum Blossom Granny Square
Start with a Magic Ring.
Round 1 (Mustard)
In the ring, 7 Dc3tog separated by ch3 space. Sl st to close.
Round 2 (Dark Yellow)
- In the Ch3 space **(1sc,1dc,ch1 space, 1 dc, 1sc).
- Repeat ** for rest of the round 7 times, sl st to close.
Round 3 (Dark Yellow)
- Skip (1sc, 1 dc) by making an sl st.
- In the 1 ch space, start the round with 1 sc, ch 5, 1 sc in the next 1 ch space.
- Repeat for rest of the round. Sl st to close.
Round 4 (Dark Yellow)
- In the Ch 5 space **(1 sc,3 dc,1 ch space, 3 dc,1 sc)
- Repeat ** for rest of the round. End of the round there will be eight petals formed.
- Sl st to close. Cut the yarn.
Round 5 (Dark Green)
- Join the in the 1 ch space of the petal.
- Ch 5, in the next 1 ch space of the petal (1 Dc2tog, ch 2, 1 Tr2tog, ch2, 1 Dc2tog) this forms the corner of the square.
- Repeat the above steps to complete the round.
Round 6 (Dark Green)
- Using the dark green yarn make an sc border for the square.
- Start with 2 sc from the joining petal, in the 5 ch space, make 6 sc, 1sc in the Dc2tog, 2sc in the space, 1 sc in the Tr2tog,2 sc in the space, 1scin the Dc2tog.
- Continue with the sc for the entire round.
- sl st to join and cut the yarn.
Round 7 (White)
- In each stitch above the round 6 make an sc.
- In the corners make 3 sc to give a pointed edge.
- sl st to close.
Round 8 (White)
Skipping two sc of previous round 7, ch 4, skip to sc of the previous round, join with an sc. Repeat for rest of the round.
Few ideas to put the pattern in use:
- Baby Puller, blankets.
- Shopping bags.
- Cardigans. Shawls and strolls.
- Storage baskets, etc.
Read Our Other Blog Post