Most crochet leaf patterns are worked in traditional crochet, today pattern is an extension version of the pineapple stitch motif.
Prefect project for stash clearance. This is an intermediate crochet project that works up quickly.
Supply List for Leaf Motif
- Yarn or Crochet Thread: You can use just about any size yarn to make this project. We have used Anchor Size 20
- Crochet Hook Size: Use I.25 mm size steel crochet hook.
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
The leaf measures about 6.0 inches in length. The leaf sizes will vary based on supplies used and other factors.
Unlike most crochet patterns, this pattern has no gauge, no thread requirement and no hook sizes.
That’s because you can vary the size and appearance of each motif to fit the needs of your project. If the motif is for a bedspread, you could choose size 5 cotton thread and an appropriate hook, the same motif could be made with size 10 cotton thread and a similar hook for a doily.
When choosing the thread and hook for your project experiment with a variety of threads to achieve the appearance and texture that pleases you.
Crochet Abbreviations Used in the Leaf Motif:
To know more about the various crochet abbreviations click the below link :
Diagram for the Leaf Motif:
Finishing the Leaf Motif
Weave in the loose ends. If you crocheted your flower using thread or yarn that responds well to blocking, i.e. cotton or wool, feel free to block it if you wish.
What Can You Do With the Motif?
· Attach it to a hat, headband or ear warmer.
· Combine with beautiful handmade flowers for home decors
· Use it to embellish as a pouch or similar project.
· Make use of thick yarn and convert the pattern to make pretty coasters.
· Decorate your gifts using these leafs as Gift Topper.
· These are just a few ideas. We are sure you can dream up many others!
Also visit our social sites
Facebook – facebook.com/avyacrochet/
Pinterest – @avyahandmade
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/avyacrochet/
Tumblr – https://www.tumblr.com/blog/avyastore