Flowers can be fun crochet projects at any time of year and they are definitely hot in the hooks. Delightful appliques and embellishments.
For today’s project we will be using flower embellishment as gift toppers. This pretty flower is worked in one color. It is crocheted in the round starting in the center and working outward from there. This is an easy crochet project that works up quickly.
Supply List for Springtime Blossom Gift Toppers:
- Yarn or Crochet Thread: You can use just about any size fiber to make this project. We have used Anchor Size 10
- Crochet Hook Size: To crochet the flower, we used a size I.25mm crochet hook.
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
The flower measures about 3.5 inches in diameter. Flower sizes will vary based on supplies used and other factors.
Using the Lacy Motif –
Unlike most crochet patterns, this pattern has no gauge, no thread requirement and no hook sizes.
That’s because you can vary the size and appearance of each motif to fit the needs of your project. If the motif is for a bedspread, you could choose size 5 cotton thread and an appropriate hook, the same motif could be made with size 10 cotton thread and a similar hook for a doily.
When choosing the thread and hook for your project experiment with a variety of threads to achieve the appearance and texture that pleases you.
Crochet Abbreviations Used in the Springtime Blossom Gift Toppers:
- Slip Stitch= sl st
- Single Crochet= sc
- Chain = ch
- Double Crochet = dc
To know more about the various crochet abbreviations click the below link :
Details Instructions for the Springtime Blossom Gift Toppers:
Make 2 nos with your color choice.
To begin work 8 ch on hook form a ring with 1 sl st in first ch
Ch3 (count as 1dc), 15 dc into ring, sl st to top of ch-3.
Ch 5 (count as 1dc, ch2), 1dc into same st as last slip st, *ch 1, skip 1dc [1dc, h2, 1dc] into next dc, rep from * 6 more times, ch1, sl st to 3rd of ch5.
Skip st into 1st ch-2 sp, ch3, (count as 1 dc), [1dc, ch2, 2dc] into same sp, *ch1, [2dc, ch2, 2dc] into next ch-2 sp, rep from *6more times, ch1, sl st to top of ch3.
Slip st into next dc and 1 st ch-2 sp, ch3. 6dc into same sp as last sl st, 1sc into next ch sp, [7dc into next ch-2 sp, 1sc into next ch sp] 7 times slip st into top of ch-3.
Fasten off; use the Tapestry needle to weave the ends.
For the Gift Topper Decoration:
Make 2 of the Springtime Blossom Flowers, use crochet flower buttons, and paper cut feathers.
Link to the pattern of paper cut feathers:
What Can You Do With Springtime Blossom?
· Attach it to a hat, headband or ear warmer.
· Use one (or several) on any item where you’d like to have a pretty crocheted applique.
· Use it to embellish a heart pouch or similar project.
· If you crochet the flower using fine crochet thread, you could use it as an accent on scrapbooking layouts or mini album pages. The thicker yarn version of this flower could also be used on mini album covers, where the dimension would not be a problem.
· Make use of thick yarn and convert the pattern to make pretty coasters.
· These are just a few ideas. We are sure you can dream up many others!
Visit our social sites
Facebook – facebook.com/avyacrochet/
Pinterest – @avyahandmade
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/avyacrochet/
Tumblr – https://www.tumblr.com/blog/avyastore
Kindly like and share. Happy Crocheting