Royal Motif made on customized order, Love the delicate border of this doily. This is a beginner’s project with simple instruction. This is a free pattern, use yarn of your choice.
This pretty motif is worked in one colors. It is crocheted in the round starting in the center with the flower and working outward from there. This is an easy crochet project that works up quickly.
Supply List for Royal Motif
- Yarn or Crochet Thread: You can use just about any size fiber to make this project. We have used Anchor Size 10 Tread Colors Used is White
- Crochet Hook Size: To crochet the flower, we used a size I.75 mm steel crochet hook.
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
The motif measures about 15 inches in size. The sizes will vary based on supplies used and other factors.
Using the Lacy Motif–
Unlike most crochet patterns, this pattern has no gauge, no thread requirement and no hook sizes.
That’s because you can vary the size and appearance of each motif to fit the needs of your project. If the motif is for a bedspread, you could choose size 5 cotton thread and an appropriate hook, the same motif could be made with size 10 cotton thread and a similar hook for a doily.
When choosing the thread and hook for your project experiment with a variety of threads to achieve the appearance and texture that pleases you.
Crochet Abbreviations Used in the Royal Motif
- Slip Stitch= sl st
- Sk = skip
- Single Crochet= sc
- Chain = ch
- Double Crochet = dc
- Treble Crochet = trc
To know more about the various crochet abbreviations click the below link :
Details Instructions for the Irish Touch Motif:
Starting at center, ch 10. Join with sl st to form ring.
Ch 1, 24 sc in ring. Sl st in 1st sc.
Ch 1, sc in same place as sl st, sc in next 2 sc, * ch 8, turn, sl st in last sc made, ch 1, turn, 14 sc in ch-8 loop, sc in next 3 sc. Repeat from * around. Sl st in 1st sc.
Sl st in next 2 sc and the first 5 sc on loop, ch 7, * sk 4 sc, dc in next sc, ch 4, dc in 5th sc on next loop, ch 4. Repeat from * around. Sl st in 3rd st of ch-7.
Ch 8, * dc in next dc, ch 5. Repeat from * around. Sl st in 3rd st of ch-8.
Ch 9, * dc in next dc, ch 6. Repeat from * around. Join.
Ch 1, sc in same place as sl st, make 7 sc in each sp, and sc in each sc around (128 sc). Join.
Ch 1, sc in same place as sl st and in each sc around. Join.
Ch 1, sc in same place as sl st, * ch 8, turn, sl st in last sc made, ch 1, turn, 14 sc in loop, sc in next 8 sc. Repeat from * around, ending with sc in last 7 sc, sl st in 1st sc made.
Sl st in next 4 sc, * sc in next sc, ch 7, sk 4 sc, sc in next sc, ch 2, tr in center st of sc-group between loops, ch 2, sk 4 sc of next loop. Repeat from * around. Sl st in 1st sc made.
Sl st in loop, ch 6, in same loop make 6 tr with ch-2 between, * tr in next tr, in next ch-7 loop make 7 tr with ch-2 between. Repeat from * around. Join with sl st to 4th st of ch-6.
* Sc in next sp, (ch 4, sc in next sp) 5 times; sk next tr, sc in next tr. Repeat from * around. Sl st in 1st sc. Fasten off.
What Can You Do With Royal Motif?
- Use it as a center piece.
- Make 7 numbers of the motif and join to make a fancy market bag.
- Multiple motifs can be converted to table liner.
- Make use of thinner yarn and convert the pattern to make pretty establishment.
- For single size spread about 70 X 105 inches, make 292 motifs. For a double size spread about 88 X 105 inches, make 370 motifs.
- A prefect Christmas Gift.
- Use to decorate your pale cushion covers of pillow covers.
- These are just a few ideas. We are sure you can dream up many others!
Follow Us On
Facebook – facebook.com/avyacrochet/
Pinterest – @avyahandmade
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/avyacrochet/
Kindly like and share. Happy Crocheting