Applique Bow – Free Crochet Tutorial by Avyastore.com
This applique bow pattern is one of the fastest projects I have worked in recent times. It took me just 2 minutes to hook one bow, believe me, the bow is so easy. You can whip up dozens of these bows in an hour. The size of the bows will vary on the hook size and the yarn used.
These bows are so pretty and very versatile. If you love ones, relatives, friends, a neighbour is having babies or toddlers, and you are thinking of some handmade gift these bows are very handy. Let me share some ideas:
- Decorate hairpins, hair bands, or use as patches for dresses, blanket, throws, and mittens.
- Add these tiny bows to gift tags.
- Scrapbooks, memory journals, greeting cards, oh the list is long.
- Use the bows for edging.
Skills to Make the Applique Bow
Materials list required for making the Applique Bow
Desired yarn to be used to make the project, have used 3ply cotton yarn
Steel Hook size 1.6 mm
Tapestry needle for weaving in ends.
Stitch guide and Special stitch instructions
sl st = Slip Stitch
sc = Single Crochet
ch = Chain
tr = Treble Crochet
hdc = half double crochet
Instruction for making the Applique Bow
Start with a magic ring, keep it loose
In the magic ring
- ch3, tr3, ch3, sl st in the ring (right side)
- sc1 in the ring
- ch3, tr3, ch3, sl st in the ring (left side)
- ch4, ch3 to increase, hdc1, sc2, sl, st in the magic ring (left side)
- ch4, ch3 to increase, hdc1, sc2, sl, st in the magic ring (right side)
Pull the yarn tightly, weave the remaining ends and fasten off.
This pattern is for personal use only, do not copy-paste or repost the pictures, in case you like to share the post or photos, please give the credits to my blog.
Read More –