If they aren’t already, crochet flowers and granny squares should definitely be on your “to craft” list — they’re simple, and fun to work. So why not combine the two and make flower granny squares? I have named this pattern as Framed Flower
You can use a flower granny square individually or as part of a set for everything from decorative bunting to gorgeous afghans, garments and more.
This pretty flower is worked in two color. It is crocheted in the round starting in the center and working outward from there. This is an easy crochet project that works up quickly.
- Yarn or Crochet Thread: You can use just about any size fiber to make this project. We have used Anchor Size 10…. Yellow (A), Multi shade Blue (B) and Green (C)
- Crochet Hook Size: To crochet the flower, we used a size I.25mm crochet hook.
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Crochet Abbreviations Used in This Pattern:
- Ch – Chain
- Sc – Single Crochet
- Tr – Treble
- Hdfc – half double crochet
- Rep – repeat
- Sp – space
- Ss – slip stitch
- Dc – double cochet
- [ ] – work instruction in square bracket as directed.
To know more about the various crochet abbreviations click the below link :
Details Instructions for the Framed Flower Pattern:
You can change colors, as shown, or work this bold motif all in one shade. The open centers give a quick start, the petals are made with different – height stitches, then a neat border holds the flower open.
Using A, nake 8ch, ss in first ch to form a ring.
Round 1 – 1ch, 16sc in ring, ss in first sc.
Round 2 – 1ch, 1sc in same sc as ss, 7ch. [miss 1sc, 1dc in next sc, 5ch] 7 times, miss last sc, ss in 2nd ch.
Fasten off. Join 8 in a 5ch sp.
Round 3 – 1ch, [1sc, 1hdfc, 1dc, 2tr, 1ch, 2tr, 1dc, 1hdc, sc] in each 5ch sp, ss in first sc.
Fasten off. Join C in a 1ch sp.
Round 4 – 1ch, 1sc in same 1ch sp, [7ch, 1sc in next 1ch sp, 9ch, 1sc in foll 1ch sp] 4 times omitting last sc, ss in first sc.
Round 5 – Ss in first 7ch sp, 1ch, * 7sc in 7ch sp [6sc,3ch, 6sc] in next 9ch sp, rep from * 3 more times, ss in first sc, turn.
Round 6 – 1ch, 1sc in same sc as ss, 1 sc in each of the next 6sc, * [1sc, 3ch, 1sc] in next 3ch sp, 1sc in each of next 19sc, rep from * 2 more times, [1sc, 3ch, 1sc] in last 3ch sp, 1 sc in each of last 12sc, ss in first sc, turn.
Round 7 – 1c, 1sc in same sc as ss, 3ch, [miss next sc, 1dc in foll sc, 1ch] c times,* miss next sc, [1dc, 3ch, 1dc] in next 3ch sp, 1ch [miss next sc, 1dc in foll sc, 1ch] 10 times, rep from * 2 more times, miss next sc [1dc, 3ch,1dc] in last 3ch sp, 1ch, [miss next sc, 1dc in foll sc, 1ch] 3 times, ss in 2nd ch.
What Can You Do With This Crochet Frame Flower?
· Attach multiple squares to make a headband.
· Use it as a keychain holder
· Make several and join to make a pretty table liner of a bed cover.
· Make use of thick yarn and convert the pattern to make pretty coasters.
· These are just a few ideas. We are sure you can dream up many others!
Crochet Framed Flower Chart/Diagram
Also visit our social sites
Facebook page – facebook.com/avyacrochet/
Twitter page @avyahandmade
Pinterest – @avyahandmade
Kindly like and share. Happy Crocheting