Inspired by the Oriental Lily flower, this crochet doily celebrates fresh and colorful season! Just as flowers add beauty to springtime, this floral doily adds a fresh accent to your home.
Supply List for Oriental Lily:
- Yarn or Crochet Thread: You can use just about any size fiber to make this project. We have used Anchor Size 20, Used 4 variant of colours.
- Crochet Hook Size: To crochet the mandala, we used a size I.75mm crochet hook.
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
The mandala measures about 8.0 inches in diameter. Sizes will vary based on supplies used and other factors.
Click below link to know more about General Direction
Crochet Abbreviations Used in the Oriental Lily:
- Slip Stitch= sl st
- Single Crochet= sc
- Chain = ch
- Double Crochet = dc
- Treble Crochet = trc
- [ ] work as per instruction
- BLsc = Back Loop Single Crochet
To know more about the various crochet abbreviations click the below link :
Pattern Stitches for Oriental Lily :
Triple Crochet Cluster (Tr3tog))
Keeping last lp of each trc on hook, 3 trc in sp indicated; YO and draw through all 4 lps on hook – trc CL made
Details Instructions for the Oriental Lily:
Starting using the Color A for center, ch 6, join with sl st in first ch from the ring.
Using Color A *Tr3tog in ring, ch 3, rep from * seven more times. Join
Color B * [Tr3tog, ch 3, tr3tog] in ch-3 sp, ch 3; rep from * seven more times. Join.
*3 sc in ch-3 sp, sc in tr3tog of Round 2, rep from * 15 more times
Color A – BLsc in each st, Join.
Color C – BLsc in each st, Join.
*Sc in sc, ch 5, skip ext 3 sc, rep from * 15 more times. Join
Color D * Sc in ch-5 sp, ch 2, 9 dc in next ch-5 sp (shell made), ch 2, rep from * seven more times. Join
*Sc in first dc of shell, ch 5, skip next 3 dc, sc in next dc, ch 5, skip next 3 dc, sc in next dc, ch 5, skip next sc, rep from * seven more times. Join.
*Sc in ch-5 sp, ch 5, sc in next ch-5 sp, ch 2, 9dc in next ch-5 sp (shell made), ch 2, rep from * seven more times. Join.
*2 dc in first dc of shell, [dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc in next st] twice, ch 1, [dc, ch 3, dc] in next ch-5 s, ch 1; rep from * seven more times. Join.
*2 dc in first d of shell, dc in next 10 sts, 2 dc in next st, ch 1, [dc, ch 3, dc] in ch-3 sp, ch 1; rep from * seven more times. Join.
Color C *Sc in ezch dc of shell (14 sc), ch 3, [dc,ch 3,dc] in ch-3 sp, ch 3, ep from* seven more times. Join.
Fasten off; use the Tapestry needle to weave the ends.
Use a mild starching agent for stiffing.
What Can You Do With Oriental Lily?
- Use it as a center piece.
- A center piece on a self colored cushion cover.
- Multiple motifs can be converted to table liner.
- Make use of thick yarn and convert the pattern to make pretty coasters.
- Can be used for bed liners, crochet tops, etc.
- These are just a few ideas. We are sure you can dream up many others!