Crochet flowers are a unique floral craft. They are quick to make, don’t require much yarn, and just one can personalize anything from housewares to handkerchiefs. A couple of flowers and leaves can dress up an entire garment. If you are a beginner this is a perfect project to start.
Supply List for Crochet Polygon Flower Motif
- Yarn or Crochet Thread: This project can be made using just about any size yarn.
- Crochet Hook Size: To crochet the flower, we used a size I.25 mm steel crochet hook.
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
The flower measures regarding 2.0 inches in diameter. Flower sizes can vary supported provides used and different factors.
Crochet Abbreviations Used in the Crochet Polygon Flower Motif:
- Slip Stitch= sl st
- Chain = ch
- Single Crochet = sc
- Double Crochet = dc
- Triple Crochet = tr
- Treble Crochet 2 Together = Tr2tog
To know more about the various crochet abbreviations click the below link :
Details Instructions for the Crochet Polygon Flower Motif:
Double Crochet 2 together (dc2tog) – [yo, insert hook in next st, yo, draw yarn through st, yo, draw yarn through 3 loops on hook] twice yo, draw yarn through 4 loops on hook.
Start with ch 8,sl st to form a ring.
Ch 3,1 tr into the ring [2 ch, Tr2tog into ring] 11 times, 2 ch, ss in the first tr of the round.
Ss into 2-ch sp, 1 ch, [5 ch, 1 sc in next 2-ch sp] 11 times, 5 ch, ss in the first ch of round.
Slip stitch into each of 2 ch, 1 ch, 8 10 sc in n same 5-ch sp, [5 ch, 1 sc in next 5-ch sp] 3 twice, 8 rep from * to * 4 more times, then begin from 8 to #, 2 ch, 1 dc in first ch 3
*[5 dc, 3 ch, 5 dc] in 10+ch loop, 1 sc in next 5-ch sp, [2 dc, 1 ch, 2 dc] in next sc, 1 sc in next 5-ch sp, *rep from * to * 5 more times skip last sc of final rep, ss in the first dc of the round,
Finishing the Flower
Weave within the loose ends. If you crocheted your flower exploitation thread or yarn that responds well to obstruction, i.e. cotton or wool, be happy to dam it if you want. If you used artificial yarn like acrylic, there’s no pressing want for obstruction, though you’ll steam it touch if you prefer.
Decor Ideas With the Crochet Polygon Flower Motif?
· Attach it to a hat, headband or ear hotter.
· Use one (or several) on any item wherever you’d prefer to have a pretty crocheted applique. For example, you’ll sew a flower to your favourite pullover
· Use it to brighten a heart pouch or similar project.
· Using thick yarn can turn the pattern into pretty coasters
· Decorate your gifts using these flowers as Gift Topper.
· These are just a few ideas. We are sure you can dream up many others!