This crochet Five Petal Irish Rose Flower is a popular motif used in Irish Lace. It can be used for so many different projects. You can use it as an appliqué and embellish anything you would like, you can use it for scrapbooking or card making or you can make jewelry with these flowers!
Usually in Irish Crochet roses the rows of petals are made directly behind each other and appear in six or eight petal versions. This version has five petals and the rows overlap – which more closely resembles the way real roses are.
Using the Five Petal Irish Rose Motif –
Unlike most crochet patterns, this pattern has no gauge, no thread requirement and no hook sizes.
That’s because you can vary the size and appearance of each motif to fit the needs of your project. If the motif is for a bedspread, you could choose size 5 cotton thread and an appropriate hook, the same motif could be made with size 10 cotton thread and a similar hook for a doily.
When choosing the thread and hook for your project experiment with a variety of threads to achieve the appearance and texture that pleases you.
Supply List used for the Lacy Motif with Picots :
- Yarn or Crochet Thread: You can use just about any size fiber to make this project. We have used Anchor Size 10…. Color White
- Crochet Hook Size: To crochet the pattern, we used a size I.0 mm crochet hook.
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Crochet Abbreviations Used in This Pattern:
- Ch – Chain
- Sc – Single Crochet
- Tr – Treble
- Rep – repeat
- Sp – space
- Ss – slip stitch
- Dc – double cochet
- [ ] – work instruction in square bracket as directed.
To know more about the various crochet abbreviations click the below link :
Details Instructions for the Five Petal Irish Rose Flower-
Round 1: Make a double loop ring of yarn to work into (instead of a circle of chains) leaving a tail to tidy away later.
Round 2: 1ch, 9 dc into ring, draw ring up to a hole about 3mm across, ss into 1st ch.
Round 3: 3ch as 1st tr [4ch, miss 1dc, 1tr] x 4, 4ch, ss into 3rd ch at beg of rnd.
Round 4: [Into 4-ch sp: 1dc, 1htr, 3tr, 1htr, 1dc] x 5.
Round 5: 3ch, approaching from behind – 1tr into 1st dc of rnd 2, 5ch, 1 tr into 3rd dc of rnd 2. Cont in this way ending with 5ch, ss into 1st tr of this rnd.
Round 6: [Into 5-ch sp: 1dc, 1htr, 5tr, 1htr, 1dc] x 5.
Round 7: 4ch, 1dc around post of 1st tr of rnd 3, 6ch, 1dc around post of 2nd tr of rnd 3. Cont in this way ending with 6ch, 1dc around 3ch at beg of rnd 3, 6ch, ss into 1st dc of this rnd.
Round 8: [Into 6-ch sp: 1dc, 1htr, 7tr, 1htr, 1dc] x 5.
Tidy away the ends.
What Can You Do With This Flower?
· Attach multiple flowers to make a beautiful braclet.
· Use it as a keychain holder
· Make several and join to make a pretty neck piece.
· Make use of thick yarn and convert the pattern to make large flowers and decorate a bouquet.
· These flowers can be used for decorating photo frames.
· These are just a few ideas. We are sure you can dream up many others!
Also visit our social sites
Facebook page – facebook.com/avyacrochet/
Twitter page @avyahandmade
Pinterest – @avyahandmade
Kindly like and share.
Enjoy your Five Petal Irish Rose Flower! Happy Crocheting