How to Crochet Tricolor Placemat pattern and instructions by Avyastore.
Placemats add a new flavour and elegance to your table setting with their lucrative colours. It is said, the appeal is more important than the experience.
Today’s free pattern will help you to explore a creative side in you, a simple placemat design, and will bring a touch of edge to your dining collection.
A combination of three vibrant colours, the placement mat will be a centre of attraction. A beginners project, perfect for the festive season.
The Tricolor placement mat measures 10 inches. I have used worsted yarn with a suitable hook. Choice of yarn and hook will vary according to individual choice.
Materials and Equipment list required for making the Tricolor Placemat
Worsted yarn 2ply
Yarn Shade – Red (1), Dark Blue (2), White (3)
Crochet Hook Size of 3.5 mm aluminium crochet hook.
Stitch guide and special stitch instructions for the Tricolor Placemat
sl st = Slip Stitch
sc = Single Crochet
ch = Chain
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet
tr = treble crochet
Dc3tog = double crochet 3 stitches together
Tr4tog = treble crochet 4 stitches together.
Notes for the Tricolor Placemat
- Ch3 made at the beginning of round2 is considered as the first dc.
- * from this point.
- ** Repeat from here.
Instruction for making the Tricolor Placemat
Round 1 (Yarn Shade 1)
- Foundation ch8.
- In the foundation chain yarn-over 16 sc.
Round 2 (Yarn Shade 2)
- Ch2, 2 dc, join to form (Dc3tog),ch 5.
- Repeat (ch5, Dc3tog) for 7 times.
- sl st to close, cut the yarn.
Round 3 (Yarn Shade 1)
- Join the yarn shade 1 in the centre of the ch 5 space.
- *ch7, join in the next ch5 space.
- Repeat * more 6 times, sl st.
Round 4 (Yarn Shade 1)
- Ch1 to start round 4.
- In the ch7 space of round 3 *(1 sc,1 hdc, 1 dc, 6 tr,1dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc).
- Repeat for the remaining ch7 spaces, sl st to close, forming 8 petals flower.
Round 5 (Yarn Shade 1)
- Join the yarn shade 1 by skipping (1 sc,1 hdc, 1 dc, 1 tr).
- Ch 6, skip 2 tr, sc to join.
- Continue Ch 8, in the next petal skip (1 sc,1 hdc, 1 dc, 2 tr), make a Tr4tog.
- Next Ch 9, in next tr (same petal), make Tr4tog.
- Ch 8, in the next skip (1 sc,1 hdc,1dc.1 tr).
- Repeat for the rest of the petals.
- Sl st to close, cut the yarn.
Round 6 (Yarn Shade 3)
- Start the round from any corner.
- 1 sc, ch 7, sc in the Tr4tog
- Ch 7, join by skipping 5 chains of ch8 of the previous round.
- Ch 7, join with an sc in the centre of the ch 5 space of the previous round.
- In the ch 9 space (corner), ch 7, 1 sc, ch 7, 1 sc, ch 7.
- To close the round ch 5,1 tr.
Round 7 (Yarn Shade 3)
- Ch 3,2 dc, ch2
- In each of the ch 7 space of the previous round, 3 dc,2 ch.
- For the corners – 3 dc, ch 5, 3 dc.
- sl st to close.
Round 8 (Yarn Shade 2)
- Ch 3, 3 dc,1ch.
- Repeat (4 dc,1 ch) in each of the ch 2 space.
- For the corner 4 dc, ch 5, 4 dc. Sl st to close the round.
Round 9 (Yarn Shade 1)
- Start from the ch 1 space – sc, ch 4, sl st, ch4, sc in the next ch 1 space of the previous round.
- Repeat to complete the round.
Other use of the pattern.
- Use to make Blankets, baby pullers.
- Small Market bags.
Read our popular blogposts